Jet City Rollergirls is proud to present our comprehensive training program for rollergirls.
This exciting program will train you from the ground up to become the best derby player you can be! Fill out the information form here to contact us about how to join.
Program highlights include:
• Learn at your own pace
• Jet City Rollergirl league skaters at every practice to help train
• Clinics run by both league skaters and coaches
• Admittance to league practices, including scrimmages, to learn by observation
• Off skates workouts suggestions
• Proper warm up and cool down techniques at each practice
How it works
Basic skating lessons (BSL) - Learn basic derby skating skills, stance, crossovers, and much more. We welcome all skill levels, men, women and children 12 or older. Once you have all your basic skills down you are eligible for our Jet Cadets Program!
Jet Cadets (women 18 and over) - Learn the advanced skills to get you bout ready - whips, pushes, lateral movement, hitting, jamming. pack work, etc. After passing an intermediate skills and scrimmage assessment, you will be invited to practice with the JCRG home teams. Home teams draft from our fresh meat teams approximately 4 times a year.
JCRG teams cannot accept men or children, but men 18 and older are encouraged to consider becoming skating or non-skating officials in our Derby Enforcement Agency or joining the local men's roller derby league, the Puget Sound Outcasts. For more information on becoming an official, click here
Want to hear more about the program experience? Check out this interview with league skaters who started in BSL and skate with teams today.
Program follows this schedule (see league calendar for updates and cancellations):
Saturdays, 7:45am-10am at Everett Skate Deck
Sundays, 10:45am-12:30pm at Lynnwood Bowl and Skate
• All Cadet participants must be 18 & out of high school, female and physically able to
participate in a full contact sport
• All BSL skaters must be ages 12 and up. Male and female participants are accepted into BSL.
• Current personal health insurance is required
• Liability waivers must be signed
• Knee pads
• Elbow pads
• Wrist guards
• Protective mouth guard
• Water bottle
• Sneakers (warm ups will be done off skates)
Sorry, we cannot provide gear. You must come with your own equipment.
• Fill out the information here so that we can keep you informed of news and information regarding our new training program.
Plan to drop in any Saturday or Sunday. Drop in for only $10 a practice or pay a $50/month flat fee to join the training program; which will give you access to all practices.