Jet City Rollergirls is proud to present an all new Roller Derby Training Program
This exciting new program will train you from the ground up to become the best derby player you can be!
Program highlights include:
• Learn at your own pace
• Constant feedback
• Jet City Rollergirl league skaters at every practice to help train
• Regular skate maintenance clinics
• Clinics run by both league skaters and coaches
• Admittance to league practices, including scrimmages, to learn by observation
• Off skates workouts suggestions
• Proper warm up and cool down techniques at each practice
How it works
Basic skating skills - Learn basic derby skating skills, stance, crossovers, and much more. Once you have all your basic skills down you are eligible for our fresh meat team!
Fresh meat team - Learn the advanced skills to get you bout ready, whips, pushes, hitting and pack work. After passing an intermediate skills and scrimmage assessment, you will be invited to practice with the JCRG home teams. Home teams draft from our fresh meat team 4 times a year.
Program follows this schedule (see league calendar for updates and cancellations):
Saturdays, 8am-10am at Everett Skate Deck
Sundays, 11am-12:30pm at Lynnwood Bowl and Skate
• All participants must be 18 & out of high school, female and physically able to
participate in a full contact sport
• Current personal health insurance is required
• Liability waivers must be signed before each practice
• Knee pads
• Elbow pads
• Wrist guards
• Protective mouth guard
• Water bottle
• Sneakers (warm ups will be done off skates)
Sorry, we cannot provide rental skates or gear. You must come with your own stuff
• Fill out the information here so that we can keep you informed of news and information regarding our new training program.
• Plan to drop in any Saturday …then, come back on Sunday to continue the lesson! Drop in for only $10 a practice or pay a $50/month flat fee to join the training program; which will give you access to all practices and skate maintenance clinics.